Better World Organization for Community Development is a humanitarian and non-governmental organization
established on 24th May 2017 in Kurdistan/Iraq. Independent and non-profit that works to advocate for peace
and coexistence in the community and improve social, psychosocial and economic situation of people. The
organization is focusing on women through projects which ensure protection and empowerment for them.
Moreover, the organization will develop livelihood projects that support small business ideas. In addition,
the organization will be implementing projects which fulfill organization's aims.
The board and management teams are groups of youth females and males with the experience in humanitarian and
civil society filed who established this organization to stand up and call for women rights and peace to
change the world to better place. We believe that with hard work and together we could make a change,
although the change will be very gradually but we have a hope that one day people in Kurdistan/Iraq and all
over the world live in real peace.
To ensure women and youth protection in which they have their rights and they are protected
from all types of violence and discrimination and they are independent and empowered. To
develop the community in which people accept and respect each other regardless to the religious,
political, or ethnical differences. The organization aims that Kurdistan/Iraq community survive
from the long history of conflicts, which people suffered from psychologically, economically, and
socially. The organization mission is to end violence against any vulnerable groups, in particular
women and girls by providing social and psychosocial support, raising awareness, empowerment
projects, and providing any services that achieve organization objective.
To see a community where vulnerable and disadvantaged women, youths and disabled
people have their rights, protected from all kind of violence and discrimination, and live in
peace and happiness.
- 1. Humanity.
- 2. Dignity.
- 3. Justice.
- 4. Excellency.
- 5. Sincerity.
1. Strengthening social relationships and coexistence among the different
ethnic groups in the community.
- 2. To ensure protection for women and girls.
- 3. To advocate for women and girls rights.
- 4. To empower women and youth in all perspectives.
- 5. To build the resilience of people in the community especially youth and
- 6. To improve level of personal and community culture.
WAY OF WORK
1. Participating in improving civilization and development habits in Kurdistan region and Iraq.
- 2. Taking advantage from other nation's experience and civilizations and
transmitting them to Kurdistan and land.
- 3. Collecting different classes of society to make their understanding to
each other better.
- 4. Pushing the youths of homeland to open their own small projects by
training them in suitable ways related to this field.
- 5. Implementing projects which empower women and youth in leadership and
life skills and they are more stable psychologically and economically.